I don't normally find shopping portal promotions to be worth my time, which I assume is how this one slipped past me last month when Frequent Miler wrote about it: through December 31, American will award bonus miles based on the number of partner activities you complete. Some of them are expensive or inconvenient, like signing up for Sprint phone service, but others are easy to complete and may not even require doing anything special.
Here's the list of activities as handily reformatted by Frequent Miler and reranked based on my subjective assessment of ease:
- Hilton: Earn at least 1,000 miles with Hilton
- AAdvantage eShopping: Earn at least 3,000 miles with AAdvantage eShopping
- Miles for Opinions: Earn at least 300 miles with Miles for Opinions
- 1-800 Flowers: Earn at least 2,000 AAdvantage miles with 1-800-FLOWERS (Earn 30 miles per dollar with promo code A56)
- Vinesse: Earn at least 500 miles with Vinesse
- LifeLock: Earn at least 7,000 miles with Lifelock
- The AAdvantage Dining Program: Earn at least 500 miles with AAdvantage Dining
- Rocketmiles: Earn at least 5,000 miles with Rocketmiles
- Avis Budget Group: Earn at least 1,500 miles with Avis Budget Group
- Sprint: Earn at least 417 miles with Sprint
The first 6 items you can do without leaving the house, and triggering the AAdvantage dining points is almost as easy. Rocketmiles and Avis presumably requires you to make a reservation and possibly even check in, which might be expensive or inconvenient, and I think the last one requires you to sign up with Sprint. If you completed just the first 6 items you'd wind up with 14,000 bonus points, plus however many points you earn on the activities themselves. I suspect that would leave you paying around a cent per point, which you may or may not consider a good deal.
Whether or not you intend to chase these bonus points, register for the promotion now, before you forget.