I like to periodically clear out my RSS reader and pass along stories that might be of interest to my readers. Here are today's stories:
- I recently wrote up my process for buying American Express gift cards through shopping portals in order to drive down my cost per dollar of non-bonused manufactured spend. At the time, there were no "monster" portal offers, the best then-available being 3% cash back through BeFrugal. Frequent Miler reports that the monsters live! If you've been considering experimenting with American Express gift cards, today is a very good day to start;
- MileValue wants you to save time and frustration finding US Airways award space (in my experience aa.com has access to some award space on US Airways that US Airways won't show online);
- Frequent Miler wants you to use this one weird old trick to get bonus points for upgrading your American Express cards (my 50,000 HHonors points have already posted for upgrading from no-annual-fee to Surpass);
- Personal Finance Digest reminds you to keep your PayPal comments innocuous;
- Points to be Made (first appearance in the roundup!) wants you to change your frequent flyer number on any oneworld reservation as many times as you want;
- Howie wants you to check all the available rates at Starwood properties for unexpectedly low prices (with circles and arrows! or at least arrows);
- George likes me...he really likes me!
And that's all the news that's fit to print, folks. See you next week.