At a reader's request, last year I wrote up a list of Twitter feeds that I follow, and consider essential to keeping my miles and points game in top form. Since the game is always changing, I thought I would turn it into an annual tradition.
- @FreequentFlyr. My Twitter feed! I'm always on there, mostly providing datapoints and commentary as I manufacture spend and deal with the inevitable complications. A must follow.
- @TheFlightDeal, @FlightFishing. These feeds post cheap flight deals as they become available. Can be useful when planning vacations and mileage runs.
- @KennyBSAT, @FrequentMiler. Always on top of short-term opportunities and increased gift card payouts, with some commentary and analysis.
- @Travel_Codex, @Drofcredit. A constant stream of deals and offers.
- @OffersBot. No longer automatically registers you for Amex Sync offers, but still broadcasts them so you can sync your accounts manually.
- @milestomemories. Occasional original content makes this feed worth skimming.
- @travelwithgrant, @travelisfree. I do not know the difference between these two. But both have frequent original content, sometimes game-changing.
- @Saverocity, @BigHabitatcom, @tmount, @ChasingThePts, @asthejoeflies, @TheDealMommy. The Saverocity crew. Follow them all for maximize effect, unfollow to taste.
When I wrote this post last year, I included a few of the biggest affiliate bloggers, simply as a way to keep your finger on the pulse of the mainstream. In the intervening year, those blogs have degenerated further into corporate advertising engines, and I can no longer recommend following them even purely for informational purposes. It's reached the point where I think they'd receive a stern warning if they ever did write something worth reading.
What do you think: are there any other essential Twitter feeds that belong in this list?